Saturday, May 28, 2011

Alma 37:36-37

36 Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

Need Help? Ask God!, Need Guidance? Ask God!, Isn't it wonderful, (with all we have to do every day, places to go, meetings, doctor appointments, school, church, work, etc.) when we want God in our lives, all we have to do is Ask. No where to go, No appointment to make, No open/closed hours to worry about. Just make the moment and Ask God!

The other day, someone who hadn't seen me in a few weeks, made the comment, where is Carol's smiling face? It made me stop and think. What am I doing with my life, how will I be remembered by those around me. If I counsel with the Lord in all my doings, I think I will be appreciated for what I bring. (Even if my own kids, just think I'm a mean old mom.)

When I wake up am I happy and greatful for the new day? When I go to bed, do I ask God to watch over me, and keep me safe from harm?

When I work on this blog, I feel so good about what I write, until a few days later, I re-read my comments, and see that you could really be confused about what I mean......so, Please pray about these scriptures, and then with the Lord and Holy Ghost's help, you will understand.

As always with Love and Gratitude, Sister Woolsey

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I always appreciate your comments on the blog. You have great insight into so many things. This scripture is perfect for today. It is exactly what Heavenly Father has been telling me all week. That I can councel with Him and rely on His support. It is truly remarkable.