Friday, April 8, 2011

Luke 21:36
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

I notice such a difference in my day when I open and close it with prayer as well as think about my Heavenly Father's purpose for me throughout the day. My thoughts are turned toward things that are really important, rather than idleness. My actions become purposeful. My day has meaning. This is what "accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass" means to me.
It is easier to escape the things of the world when we have prepared ourselves to receive guidance from our Heavenly Father. When we think we are too busy to really pray, or feel the things in our hearts are not worthy of a conversation with Heavenly Father we have to realize that these are Satan's tools used to keep us from prayer. Our Father already knows what is in our hearts and he also knows better than anyone that our schedules are never too busy for prayer. He wants to help us and protect us from the harshness of the world. All he desires is that we are open enough to pray, and therefore open enough to accept his guidance. When we do, we will feel worthy of his protection.

I Love YOU,
Sister Horne

No comments: