Thursday, April 21, 2011

2 Chronicles 7:14

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

I am one of those people that likes to make sure that everything is taken care of.  I stress about the details, and worry about the little things.  I've learned through the years, through some hard lessons, that it is okay for me to not always be in control.  While it is a hard lesson, Heavenly Father is waiting for us to turn control to Him.  Learning to humble ourselves takes faith.  Faith that He knows the bigger picture.  Faith that things will be okay.  Faith that He will indeed be our Savior.  When we pray, do we believe that what we ask of Him, He will do?  Or do we pray because we know we are supposed to ask, but then get up and do things our own way anyway?  I continue to learn to be humble, to be teachable, to have faith in my Savior.  I do know that sincere prayer and communication with our Father in Heaven is the key.  When I talk to Him, and take the time to recognize that He is listening, I am humbled by His power and His love.  As this scripture says, "then will I hear from heaven"  I know He hears me, and when I humble myself and have faith, He heals me.

Love, Sister Norris

1 comment:

Annalisa said...

great scripture & thoughts! i like that part too about hearing from heaven. gotta love personal revelation.