Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Isaiah 26:8-9

8 Yea, in the way of thy judgments, O Lord, have we waited for thee; the desire of our soul is to thy name, and to the remembrance of thee.

9 With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

I believe this scripture describes how I should feel all of the time. But, sometimes I forget to pray, and sometimes I do not "always remember Him". This scripture, which is almost poetic to me, tells me how I should pray to my Father in Heaven. I should remember Him always, which is a lot like the scripture that tells us to "pray always". Because, like the testimony of Sister Linnell on the very first post of this blog tells us, when we talk to ourselves and work things out in our minds, we can include the Lord in those conversations. As we remember Him, we can talk to Him. The desire of my soul should be in His name, and all the time- morning, night, always. And, I should learn to accept His council and His judgements. Sometimes His answer to my prayers is no, and sometimes He reminds me that I need to repent and do better. However, I know that if I do seek the Lord always and remember Him always, I will be blessed, comforted and guided.

Love,
Sister Norman

No comments: