Monday, July 11, 2011

Moses 1:18-20

"And again Moses said: I will not cease to call upon God, I have other things to inquire of him: for his glory has been upon me, wherefore I can judge between him and thee. Depart hence, Satan. 

And now, when Moses had said these words, Satan cried with a loud voice, and ranted upon the earth, and commanded, saying: I am the Only Begotten, worship me.
And it came to pass that Moses began to fear exceedingly; and as he began to fear, he saw the bitterness of hell. Nevertheless, calling upon God, he received strength, and he commanded, saying: Depart from me, Satan, for this one God only will I worship, which is the God of glory."

After 102 days of praying and reading about prayer, can you proclaim, “I will not cease to call upon God”, as Moses did? Have you developed a personal relationship with your Heavenly Father? Do you have other things to inquire of Him because you know He will answer?  Do you know the goodness and glory of God and recognize that Satan’s power pales in comparison? Do you know that when temptations come that as you call upon God, He will strengthen you? Have you felt what it is like to be in God’s presence? Do you know that when Satan tempts you not to pray, when you proclaim your desire to worship only God, Satan must depart? Do you know that you are a daughter of God and that He has a work for you to do? Have you felt the power of prayer in your life?

It is has been a wonderful blessing in my life to focus on the power of prayer, and I pray that each of you have been blessed as well. Heavenly Father is real. He knows who you are. He knows your name and has a plan for you. He will strengthen you to withstand temptation. He loves each of you.  We are His daughters. It is my hope that each of you have made a commitment to call upon God every day and invite His influence and guidance into your life. Through prayer, Heavenly Father is reachable at any time and any place. Just believe!

Love, Sister Linnell

No comments: