Friday, July 8, 2011

John 16:23-24

23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full
.
Each day as I go through my routine of things that need to be done. Usually I am doing dishes or making my bed, one of my children will come and ask me if they can play or they want me to take them somewhere or they are hungry and want me to make dinner. I can usually foresee their needs but not always.
Heavenly Father is a God, he loves us and he knows us better than we know ourselves, he knows what we need before we even know. He gave us the gift of free agency, so to stay true to that gift we get to make the choice whether we want his help or not. He is there all we need to do is humble ourselves and ask for help. Sometimes that is the part that trips me up. The humble myself and ask. I get going along in my day and try to do things on my own, sometimes I forget to ask for help. Then something will go wrong and that's when I remember hey, I am not alone I can ask for help. It is funny because I am always telling my children, if you would just come and ask me for help with that I could help them and they would not have gotten hurt or maybe their task would not have been so hard.
Heavenly Father is just waiting for us to ask him for help. He wants us to be happy. Then we can have joy.
This is my last opportunity to participate in this blog. I have learned so much from reading the scriptures each day and have enjoyed reading the postings from the other leaders. My testimony of prayer has grown because of it. I only wish I was better with words and could convey better what is in my heart. I am grateful for this opportunity.
I am looking forward to camp. I know they were inspired to have prayer as our theme. I love the spirit that I have felt there the last couple of years. I am looking forward to participating in what the camp leaders have planned for us. I know they have gone to alot of work in our behalf.
Thank you!!!
Love,Sister Madsen

No comments: