Saturday, July 2, 2011

1 Samuel 2:1-3

1 And Hannah prayed, and said, My heart rejoiceth in the Lord, mine horn is exalted in the Lord: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice in thy salvation.

2 There is none holy as the Lord: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.

3 Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the Lord is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.

The first time I read this scripture I looked for some kind of deep meaning in it.  As I reread it several times, and looked at the story behind it, I recognized in this scripture Hannah's deep reverence and gratitude for her Heavenly Father.  It made me ponder my own view of my Heavenly Father.
During the last 3 months, as we have read and shared these scriptures about prayer, I have gained a stronger testimony of my Heavenly Father.  I know that He loves me.  I know that He can be my best friend.  I know that I am His daughter.  I know that He wants me to be happy.  I know that He hears me.  I have come to know Him more intimately and personally. I think that Hannah knew these things also.  She also knew, as I do, that He is the creator, that He is all powerful and all knowing, and that all things are possible through Him.  I'm not sure that I have words that can do justice to the awe that I am feeling as I think about His majesty and power.  And to think that with all of the power of the universe and beyond, He cares about me.
I think Hannah knew, and she chose to show her gratitude through rejoicing.  Today, I rejoice too.  I rejoice in a beautiful world.  I rejoice to live in America. I rejoice to be a wife and a mother.  I rejoice to have the gospel in my life and to have a testimony of that gospel.  I rejoice that I can share my testimony.  I rejoice in a Heavenly Father that loves me, and I rejoice in all of you.

Love, Sis. Norris

No comments: