Thursday, July 7, 2011

Helaman 10:4-5


4 Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.


5 And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will.



The Lord plainly teaches us through Nephi's example not to be selfish, put others first, magnify our callings, and work diligently and he will "bless us forever".

It may seem like we have everything figured out and our path is the way we want it to be, but sometimes the Lord has a different plan; a better plan that we can not see from our perceptive. He knows us and what path he wants us to take, we just have to reach out to him in Prayer and Ask and Go forward in Faith.

The Lord wants us to be Happy and to live according to his will. He loves you and knows you better than anyone. We just need to keep the commandments like Nephi and earn the Lord's trust and blessings, so that we can have the spirit with us to lead us and guide us back to him.

I know the Lord has blessed me in my life when I am doing "HIS" will. When I am reading my scriptures, saying my prayers both morning and night, attending the temple, fulfilling my church responsibilities and all the other things that bring me happiness. He blesses me, I know without a doubt he does bless me!

Love you,
Sister Anderson

No comments: