Monday, July 4, 2011

D&C 88:76 & 126

76 Also, I give unto you a commandment that ye shall continue in prayer and fasting from this time forth.

126 Pray always, that ye may not faint, until I come. Behold, and lo, I will come quickly, and receive you unto myself. Amen.


Today's scripture reminds me of the parable of the ten virgins. I remember being worried if I would like one of the 5 who were not prepared or if I would be prepared. I worried because I didn't understand how much oil I had, i couldn't see anywhere that showed me if I was full, 1/2 full or getting close to the bottom, would I be ready, i wasn't sure. A few years back in the Ensign magizine i saw the most beautiful picture of one the virgins, she was holding her lamp, but she was also holding a vase. I understood alitte more about how to be prepared and also how i knew if I was prepared for when the Lord comes again. We have our lamp, (our testimony), it shines for us and others to see, we need this lamp but we also need the oil to keep the lamp lit. The neat thing I learned from this picture is the vase, we also carry the vase of oil, when our lamps get low we fill it up again with the oil we have in the vase. We fill up our vase with all the good things we are doing, we fill it up with making and keeping our covenants, going to church, paying tithing, I know that we fill our vase with oil when we pray, I also think that we can measure our oil through our prayers. The Lord lets us know we need to fill up our lamps. He loves us and wants us to be there when he comes. I know he will and I pray we will all be there. Have a fun and safe 4th of July. Thank Heavenly Father for your freedoms, use them wisely, Love Sister MaryAnn Jensen

No comments: